Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Capitol Tour

Michael's parents "won" a tour of the Capitol Building (long story short - they know a guy that works in the Senate office that offered to take us around). We had our own personal tour guide and got to see a lot of things that most people don't get to see anymore. The kids were really bored and didn't enjoy it too much, but I think they did really well overall. We took turns carrying them a lot since we couldn't bring our stroller. I hadn't been in the Capitol Building for many years, so I enjoyed going back and seeing the historic building that is the center of our nation's capitol.





^^Simon was busy making phone calls for part of the tour^^



^^a beautiful painted corridor that not many people get to see^^

After the tour we got to ride the underground train that connects the Capitol building with some of the other Senate offices. Michael said that was one of the coolest parts of the day. Funny how a one minute train ride can do that for a boy of any age.



Once we were back in the Russell building where our friend works he showed us around more where the Senate actually works. Miriam and Simon loved pretending to speak into microphones and sit in Senator's chairs.













I would just like to thank Michael's mom for taking so many pictures. I realized that we didn't get any pictures with her in them... that is because she took so many wonderful pictures for us. It is nice to actually be in some pictures for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment