Monday, February 17, 2014

Snow Adventures

Our first snow adventure was at the end of January. Michael had been out of town all week and was hoping there was still snow when he got home. He wanted to take the kids sledding on the hills behind our house. (Maybe someday I will share my opinion on sledding and the fact that I didn't want Michael to take the kids.) After a failed attempt at sledding, the kids just wanted to play in the snow with Michael. Simon just kept asking to throw snow. It was a really cold day so they only played for about 15 minutes but they had fun throwing snowballs.








The next snow adventure was an actual snow day for Michael. Right before Valentine's Day weather forecasters were predicting about a foot of snow, so Michael decided the night before not to go into work the next day. It was a good idea because we ended up getting about 18 inches of snow. After a couple of hours of working at home in the morning Michael decided to tackle the shoveling.

^^outside our front door^^

^^Michael's car was really snowed in after the snowplow came through^^

^^I am so thankful Michael was home to dig us out^^

After Simon took a nap Michael wanted to take the kids out back to build a snowman. It was really cold and windy so they built and rolled as fast as they could. I stayed inside and took pictures... I am a wimp. They decided on a carrot for the nose and chocolate chips for the eyes and buttons because I couldn't find much else. The kids thought it was great, even though he fell over that night because of the wind.









Our snow adventures have been fun. Even in 15-20 minutes increments the kids have enjoyed playing in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment