Friday, December 4, 2015

Decorating for Christmas

After the kids went to bed on Thanksgiving Michael and I put up the Christmas tree. We also put the lights on it so it would be ready to decorate when the kids woke up. They are always so excited to start decorating the for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Miriam was a really big help putting the ornaments on this year. Simon did quite a few also, but didn't stay interested as long. Levi actually didn't like the tree and we had to force him to put on his special first Christmas ornament. Ha! Aren't we so mean? I guess it is good though because he hasn't shown much interest in playing with the tree. While the kids and I put ornaments on the tree, Michael had the fun job of putting up garland on the stairs. He gets stuck with the "fun" jobs... what a great guy!






Michael got serious about putting lights outside our house this year. Not really though... we are actually really ghetto and do it all for the kids. They love driving up and seeing the lights.


Our star accidentally got broken during the unpacking of decorations. It had to be fixed and took about a day to dry. It was Simon's turn to put the star on the tree. (Which is why we take a picture of it so we can look back and remember who did it the year before. I never can remember these things.) I really love having our Christmas tree up. Let the Christmas season begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment