Saturday, July 9, 2016

Across the state of New York

The next part of our road trip was the drive from Niagara Falls to NYC. On the way we wanted to stop and see the church sites in upstate New York. We made our home base Rochester, New York. We stopped at the first Wegmans for dinner one night, walked along the canal, had ice cream at a local dairy, found a park, and saw a double rainbow.






Over the course of two days we saw some amazing Church History sites. We were able to spend time at the Sacred Grove, Hill Cumorah, Joseph Smith's childhood home, and the site of the Church being organized. I'm so glad we had the chance to take the kids.









Our last stop of our road trip was New York City. We went to the Top of the Rock, American History Museum, and the Statue of Liberty. We had fun exploring the city, shopping, and eating. We were hoping to see the fireworks on the Fourth of July, but the rain sent us back to the hotel to watch them on the TV.















(POST-NOTE: I am really behind on the blog. I am actually posting this over a year after this happened. I am SO, SO, SO sad... I somehow lost all the pictures from this trip. All we have are these pictures I grabbed from Instagram. Thank goodness I posted there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment