We have been so excited for strawberry season. We couldn't wait for the farm to open up for picking. I had such a perfect picture in my head of the great time we would have and imagined all the wonderful pictures I would take.... THIS DID NOT HAPPEN! Simon was being such a stinker the whole time. He complained non-stop about how hot it was. Miriam was fairly helpful. Levi picked and ate every strawberry he saw creating such a mess. Finally we had enough. Michael sent me to the van with the kids to cool off while he finished picking strawberries. Once he was done and we were ready to head off I realized we didn't get a family picture (and going through these pictures I realized I didn't get a single picture with me in it). I knew no one would be very happy if I made them get out of the van for a picture so I just decided to forget it. I know when it is time to surrender.
Thankfully, Michael picked a lot of amazing strawberries. Even though the day was a bust we still get to reap the reward of his hard work. (He even made a bunch of freezer jam, he is a gem that one). Later that night we decided on grilled pound cake with strawberries for dessert.
The next day we went to Grandma and Grandpa Bishop's house for some s'mores. The kids love playing over there. It is really starting to feel like summer is around the corner. Now we just need school to get out!
No comments:
Post a Comment