So, two and a half hours later we finally got out of the car and decided to have lunch and explore Georgetown. Although the kids were sad to miss out on the zoo I have to say I have the best kids ever. They were understanding that there was nothing we could do and were just happy to be out exploring the city. We rewarded their patience with cupcakes after lunch. Miriam and Simon wanted me to stop and take their pictures everywhere. (Somehow I never get them in pictures with Grandma... I need to do better at that.) It ended up being a really nice day to walk along the river. I am sure grateful for my three little amazing travelers.
a story of our daily life; sometimes exciting, sometimes mundane, but ours just the same
Friday, April 3, 2015
We ended up in Georgetown
Over Spring Break I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the zoo. Michael's Mom and I packed some snacks and loaded up the kids. It took a little bit longer to head into DC and we figured it was just a little bit of extra spring break traffic. Once we crossed the bridge into DC we were only four miles away from the zoo. It ended up taking an hour to go those four miles. It was all down-hill from there. Once we finally got to the zoo all of the parking lots were full. We thought for sure we would be able to find street parking, it was a no go. We finally drove along to the front entrance to the zoo and saw that there was a very long line of people waiting to get into the zoo. I have never seen it as crazy as this. We quickly decided we better find somewhere to have lunch and headed over to Georgetown.
So, two and a half hours later we finally got out of the car and decided to have lunch and explore Georgetown. Although the kids were sad to miss out on the zoo I have to say I have the best kids ever. They were understanding that there was nothing we could do and were just happy to be out exploring the city. We rewarded their patience with cupcakes after lunch. Miriam and Simon wanted me to stop and take their pictures everywhere. (Somehow I never get them in pictures with Grandma... I need to do better at that.) It ended up being a really nice day to walk along the river. I am sure grateful for my three little amazing travelers.
So, two and a half hours later we finally got out of the car and decided to have lunch and explore Georgetown. Although the kids were sad to miss out on the zoo I have to say I have the best kids ever. They were understanding that there was nothing we could do and were just happy to be out exploring the city. We rewarded their patience with cupcakes after lunch. Miriam and Simon wanted me to stop and take their pictures everywhere. (Somehow I never get them in pictures with Grandma... I need to do better at that.) It ended up being a really nice day to walk along the river. I am sure grateful for my three little amazing travelers.
Labels:
DC,
Grandparents,
Videos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment