Saturday, May 10, 2014

One Month

It is always hard to believe how fast the first month goes compared to the last month of pregnancy. Levi is one month old and we have loved every minute. He is a good baby and is growing and changing quickly. At his newborn appointment he weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. (gained 2 oz. after leaving the hospital). At his two week appointment he was back down to 8 lbs. 5 oz. so the pediatrician we saw that day (not our usual doctor) said she was worried and laid out a plan for him to gain weight. I listened and pretended I was going to pump and supplement all along knowing I was going to just keep doing what I was doing. You see, my motherly instincts were kicking in. Levi had a hard time latching on for the first little bit. I knew that once he figured out how to nurse he would be fine. She told us to come back in 4 days to check his weight. When we took him in four days later and he weighed 9 lbs. 1 oz. My instincts were right. He would be fine and have no problem putting on 12 oz. in four days. He is such a sweet boy and we look forward to watching him learn and grow.




No comments:

Post a Comment