Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013: a trip to the aquarium, a visit with Santa, letters to Santa, and snow

Since we moved the weekend before Thanksgiving, Michael and I decided to do as many fun things during the holidays as we could handle. We knew the kids needed some fun family time. We had a wonderful relaxing Thanksgiving with Michael's parents. I probably could have done more, but it was nice to mostly just show up and enjoy the day. Miriam and Simon love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we took the kids to the National Aquarium in Baltimore again. They still love to go see the fish and other animals. At the end of March our yearly passes expire, so we will see if we can get one more visit in before then.




photo courtesy of Miriam

This year we were lucky enough to see Santa three times. Our new HOA had a visit with Santa one Saturday in December (Simon was not a fan of the up close and personal Santa visit). Our neighborhood also has Santa drive around collecting canned goods with the local fire department. We ran into them a second time while driving around looking at Christmas lights with the kids.






Miriam and Simon wrote letters to Santa. We took them to the mall and dropped them in the Santa mail box at Macy's.





Lastly (for this long post), the kids and I played in the snow on the only day we had snow before Christmas. It was short lived so I am glad I sucked it up and let them go out to play. They were so excited to pick up the snow and throw it. Miriam even helped me shovel the sidewalk.









No comments:

Post a Comment