Miriam went to the doctor this week for her four year old physical. I didn't get a paper telling me her stats. I did, however, get many kind words from the doctor about how wonderful she is. She is growing beautifully and is right on track with where she should be developmentally (which is always so nice to hear). The way she is growing on the growth chart it looks like she will end up being somewhere around 5 foot 8-9 inches.
Miriam always asks about trucks on the road. She wants to know what they are carrying. If she sees a truck with a picture she yells out, "Look Mom, that truck is carrying...". Miriam thirsts for knowledge. She asked me the other day to start teaching her how to spell. I let her gently down telling her we better start with something more fundamental like letter sounds. She is quickly catching on and telling us what letter words start with.
Like my Dad said today, Miriam is four going on twelve. One of my main battles with her is getting dressed every morning. She doesn't like to wear pants. She wants to wear a skirt with a pink shirt everyday. Miriam doesn't like that it is winter. She asks why she has to wear tights/leggings under her skirts. She always wants to know when it will be summer. She is literally obsessed with clothing. She points out on movies and in books what people are wearing. She asks why they get to wear short sleeves, etc.
I have tried several things to get her to wear more of her clothes. I rotate her closet so she has to wear what is next. A couple of times a week Mom gets to choose what to wear. I know this may seem like no big deal and I should just let her wear what she wants. However, I spent good money on some really cute pants for her and I don't want them going to waste.
You are probably wondering where the pictures are for this blog post. I have been horrible about taking out the camera this month. I blame this partly on my new phone. I have pictures on my phone, so that is what I will share.




No comments:
Post a Comment